The winter months, here in the Inland Empire are windy and often very dry, causing dry skin for many people. Aside from the few times we get rain, our desert climate is oh so skilled at sucking the moisture right out of our skin. That means, your skin likely will show signs of premature aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles, signs of dryness and flaking, signs of redness or windburn, or just an overall dull appearance. Good news is – even though you live in a desert, you don’t have to have skin that looks like it!
Facelogic Upland to the rescue! We see skin like yours come through our doors all the time, and we find it so satisfying and exciting to get to revive dry, flaky, chapped, wrinkled, or just dull faces! We love faces, and we have a well-educated, professional staff of estheticians, who love to customize facials to help your skin get the best results possible! And, here’s our secret: Our favorite way to revive dull skin during the winter months is with a Chemical Peel and Hydrating Infusion.
Here’s how our Chemical Peels work:
A chemical peel, also known as our Image Lift Facials, uses glycolic acid to penetrate beneath the skin’s surface to be able to exfoliate the outer layer of skin, known as the dermis, while targeting the deeper layers of skin with customized solutions to solve your skin’s unique problems. Chemical peels are so good for your skin, and they are results-based, which means they fix the specific problem you’re having in as little as one treatment!
Our favorite Image Lift Facial for turning dry skin into hydrated skin is our 02 Lift. This oxygen-infusing peel removes the dead skin from the top layer of skin cells and releases oxygen deep into the layers of skin below, revealing healthy, glowing skin! It is gentle and invigorating and incorporates plant-derived stem cells, peptides, and enzymatic botanicals to give you a professional, transformative, relaxing spa experience.
Benefits of Oxygen for Dry Skin
Here are some of the benefits of using hyperbaric oxygen on your skin:
- Improved hydration
- Healed acne legions
- Faster cell turnover
- Reduced cell damage, faster recovery time
- Gentle, non-invasive results
- Improved collagen production
The results from our Image Lift Facials (aka chemical peels) are lasting, and they get better with repeated sessions. So, if you’ve ever had a chemical peel before, having another one, especially in the dry, winter months, will help your skin come to a new level of luminous!
Or, if you’ve never had a chemical peel or Image Lift Facial before, now’s a great time to get one! It will combat the winter’s taxing effects on your skin, and soften the newly-appeared fine lines, exfoliate dry and flaky skin, calm redness and windburn, and bring new life to your skin.
Other Ways to Hydrate Your Skin
Here are some other ideas to help your skin stay hydrated between facials:
- Grab a deep moisturizer or serum from Image Skincare or Eminence Organic Skin Care while you’re in the spa. Our estheticians can help you pick out a good combination of moisturizers to soothe your skin.
- Use a humidifier at home. This will bring more moisture into the home and help your skin cells keep some of their moisture.
- Wash your skin with warm, not hot water. Hot water can dry out skin, especially if you’re taking long, hot showers. This can pull moisture out of the skin, rather than infusing it into the skin.
- Apply moisturizers within 3 minutes of cleansing. Your skin can hold a bit of the water from when you washed it, but it usually evaporates after a few minutes, which means you will want to capture all the moisture you can by applying moisturizers as soon as possible after cleansing.
If you live in the Upland, Rancho Cucamonga, Claremont, La Verne, or Ontario area, we would love to see you and help your skin become hydrated again. Give us a call at (909) 949-0385, and we will be happy to find a time that fits your schedule for you to feel like yourself again! Come, get pampered, enjoy an affordable facial, and fall in love with your skin again!